Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Looking up

There are birds out there.
It has been a hard few days. On Sunday our dog Myste lost the use of her rear legs again. She had a back injury several years ago and lost the use of her legs for a while. With steroids and care she regained most of the use of her legs. Sunday morning she was up and moving around as usual. By Sunday afternoon she could not move her legs. She is heavier than she should be and with DH and I both older now it was impossible for us to get her to the vet. So I went down and talked to the vet and came home with meds for her. The vet said only 10 days and if that does not do it then we have to consider ... Yesterday evening she started moving her right rear leg and this morning she has wagged her tail. I have been staying home with her and making certain she stays clean but I have not been getting much sleep. I stay in the living room with her and nap in the recliner and wake every time she moves. The longest uninterrupted sleep I have had since Saturday was about 2 hours. But she is improving so that is good news. Whether of not she improves enough to walk on her own again ...

I did go vote after DH got home from work and voting yesterday. The election is over and Obama is president elect. Historic. But I am too tired to care right now.

3 comments:

Dana said...

I'm sorry Myste is isn't well. I will send good vibes her way!

linda may said...

So sorry to hear about your beloved doggie. I hope she gets well again.
Sometimes though it becomes cruel to keep a beloved pet just because we love them, even though it is time for them to go. I went through that with my old Princess doggie who I had for 18 years and I swore I would never do that to a pet again. After working in the nursing home I often thought that it would be kinder if we could do the same with people who are suffering so terribly in deaths.Life is precious though. Sorry for the rant but it something I feel sad about.

Kim said...

I hope Myste is getting better. How is everyone? Thank you for all the comments on my page. Hope to hear from you soon!