Monday, February 8, 2010

Spiffy

Got a couple of cute pics of Sassy in her "spiffy" sweater after shoveling the sidewalk yesterday. Lady Jane put her appearance in too. She followed me across the sidewalk as I was shoveling slowly toward Mom and Dad's. Every time I stopped she sat down and meowed at me until I started shoveling again. I guess she wanted the path cleared so she did not have to "walk" in the snow (more like wade through it). Nancy and Richard came down and cleaned off Dad's vehicle so I only had the sidewalk to Mom and Dad's, our front steps and walk, a small path to the street, and our vehicle to clear off. I took my time and enjoyed the scenery.

The last big storm we had there were any number of younger, stronger souls out in the neighborhood asking if they could clear walks for cash. This time I did not see anyone walking with a shovel. Thankfully, several neighbors have yard tractors or ATV's with plows, etc., and took care of the street (and Dad's driveway, thank you). I did not even see or hear kids out sledding this time. I remember sled riding down the lane when we lived "on the hilltop" and getting soaked to the skin and loving it. Today the kids stay indoors and play videogames. Times change.

Today both DH and I went to the doctor. He has been in misery this weekend with another bad headache and pain all down his left side from hip to foot. Diagnosis - sciatica. So he got a cortisone shot and Rx for pain meds and was told not to go to work at least tomorrow. I got another "gentle" probing of my bursa in the left hip and Zipsor samples and Rx to fill later. The doctor also talked me into trying a fibromyalgia medication called Savella. He gave me a two-week starter sample of the Savella as well as an Rx for it. Read up on both online and does not sound too bad for side effects so going to give it a try. Both the doctor and I think the bursitis could be partially fibro pain or could be triggering some fibro pressure points. I know I really hurt right now - worse than I have in a few years.

Weather prediction for the next few days says another 4-8 inches of snow is on its way. They already cancelled school in a number of local counties.

2 comments:

Jen said...

My two younger boys had several sets of clothes going...one on the body, one drying and one ready to go! Just like I did when we moved back up here so many years ago. My first day at the new school turned into a snow day (a new thing for me) and I spent all day outdoors. Well, unless Grandma rapped on the kitchen window to let me know to come in for a bit to warm up and eat. Then it was right back outside!

linda may said...

Sorry to hear your health woes, look after yourselves.
Poor Sassy is thin isn't she, old darlin'.
The weather here is grey and wet, god knows nobody around here curses the rain, nobody would be game as it might go away again. I went shopping this morning and everyone was scuttling around trying to stay dry, I just sauntered along in it, loving it.Hehehe.Beautiful. The temps are in the mid 20's here or the 70's on your scale. Not hot not cold.....yet.
I bought 2 nice tops. I only buy off the sales racks, and was pleased with the outcome of my trip around the mall.
Pete is working the first day of a 7 day stint so I am sitting up here visiting people in blog land and listening to John Lennon, OMG what a waste of a brilliant life was his death!I wonder what he would be up to now if he was still alive?