Friday, August 8, 2008

Happy Bodacious Bonza Bottler Day

Many, many years ago I gave a program for our church's woman's group that included a listing of special days of the year including famous birthdays, etc. In my research for special days I found Bonza Bottler Day. My family has "celebrated" this invented holiday sporadically ever since then.

Bonza Bottler Day occurs every month when the day of the month and the number of the month match. When the number of the year matches also it is a Bodacious Bonza Bottler Day. So today, August 8, 2008, is a Bodacious Bonza Bottler Day.

I called my sister at work this morning and sang her the celebratory song -- Its Bonza Bottler Day! Its Bonza Bottler Day! I just called to say - Its Bonza Bottler Day! (sung to the tune of Howdy Doody). My niece Jen called me at work and wished me Happy Bonza Bottler Day and I got to sing the song to her also.

There is even an official website for this holiday - www.bonzabottlerday.com.

So, to all of you, I send this greeting. Happy Bodacious Bonza Bottler Day!

2 comments:

linda may said...

G'Day Martha,
That is funny. I like it! I never heard of it before. The first day of the Olympics too. :) Not that I follow it religiously but I like watching some of the stuff.

linda may said...

G'Day me again.
Little lord duty butt has become the king in your photos.He is beautiful in his adult clothes and in his prime.
I was given an award to share and since you are one of my longest blogging friends I would like to share it with you . If you want it please go to my blog and get it.