Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Feast or famine?

Friday, June 22, was supposed to be our scheduled gas meter reading. Someone needs to be home because the meter is in the basement. (We've asked about getting a meter that can be read from outside but there are various reasons we can't have one.) I made arrangements to take the day off from work (to rest and get ready for the last night of VBS) and was home all morning and until 1:30 pm. The only time I was gone was about 5 minutes when I went across the walk to Dad's to carry home some VBS supplies we brought home the night before. I left a note on the door for the meter reader that I was just next door and would be right back. No meter reader. No indication anyone ever came to the door.

The next week (last week) I was off on Thursday and called the day before to make arrangements for the meter reader to come Thursday afternoon. That would be June 28. So when hubby got home from work on the 27th (the same day I called) he found a "We missed you" note on the door from the gas company. I called when I got home and they were so sorry, someone wrote down wrong date. Again made arrangements for someone to come on the 28th in the afternoon. He did come about 1:30 pm on the 28th.

This evening, July 3, about 7:30 pm there was a knock on the door. Another gas meter reader was here. He had the notation that someone tried to read the meter on the 27th and no one was home. Had no information that anyone had read the meter on the 28th. He read the meter again. This time I signed that he was here and read the meter.

It's the height of summer!!!! It's 80 degrees outside!!!! The only gas appliance we have is the furnace!!!! We don't even have the gas turned on to the furnace!!!!

?

On a more reasonable(?) note, I made the banana popsicles tonight. That makes 126 popsicles. This is reasonable?

Lord, help me find my sanity.

3 comments:

linda may said...

G'Day Martha,
Thanks for your comment. I am just reading tonight. No blog entry.
Our electric & water meters are outside, luckily. 80 degrees sounds great to me, it was freezing here today, a max of 9 celcius. Equal to high 30s in your Fahrenheit scale. Brrr.... Even 80 degrees is not hot for here for summer though.
Love Linda.

Dana said...

So how did those popsicles go over? *grin*
Did you guys get rain?

It's you know who! said...

126 popcicles?! LOL

The chocolate ones look good. I'm going to try them soon. My 4 yr old granddaughter will love them. Do they taste like fudgicles?